Saturday, October 30, 2010

Houston, we have a winner!

I decided to try my luck by entering the bear competition at this years, Woodend Teddy Bear Show.  As i've only been sewing bears since June, I entered the novice category with Houston, the first bear I created from my very own pattern.  Houston was boxed up and taken to the post office 2 -3 weeks ago so he could make his journey from South Australia to Victoria.  A few hours ago, I found out that Houston won "Best in Category".  I was secretly hoping I might place in the category, so that purple rosette ribbon is very special to me!  I'm looking forward to Houston making his journey home so I can give him a congratulatory hug...isn't that the best way to say thanks to a teddy bear?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Narelle!!! How exciting! I too entered some bears in the show, but, don't yet know how they went. I will have to wait until they arrive home in their box! Regards from the Barossa and again congrats!! He looks great! Love his feet and face and everything!! Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di! Thanks so much for the congrats! Fingers crossed that you'll bring in a winner or two. I'll be the Barossa is looking very beautiful right about now. :)

    ReplyDelete