Sunday, November 7, 2010

He's back!

Houston arrived home this morning and he bought ribbons, a rosette and a critique sheet with him.  The yellow ribbon is for participating in the Woodend Teddy Bear Show.  The blue is for winning 1st place in the "Novice - Original Design" category and the purple rosette is for winning the "Best Bear In Section" (Novice).  It's funny seeing Houston sitting next to the other bears i've made since, I can see the difference in my fine tuning already.  I think it's even funnier that if you had've told me 6 months ago that I would have a stash of mohair, sewing needles, stuffing and various other bear making tools, I wouldn't have believed you!  All this time I thought I couldn't stand sewing.  How wrong was I?

5 comments:

  1. I'll bet it's great to have him home and all his new finery looks good and is well earned! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Melisa and Barb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what wonderful news Narelle! He is a fantastic bear, and deserves his just rewards.

    ReplyDelete